* teTeX - fmt-Files not created
@ 2001-12-12  3:51 rabe42
       [not found] ` <rabe42 at web dot de>
From: rabe42 @ 2001-12-12  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I'm new to teTeX on cygwin.

I follow the instruction in

/usr/doc/Cygwin/tetex-beta-20001218.README

deinstall and reinstall the teTeX-beta distribution, like explaint
in the mail archive.

Delete the ls-R - file and execute

texconfig confall
texconfig rehash
texconfig init

with no errors!

But even then, I got no fmt files for latex, tex, etex, elatex or
even the pdftex family.

What have I to do, to get teTeX running?

Regards
Ralf

* Re: teTeX - fmt-Files not created
@ 2001-12-12 13:53 ` Jerome BENOIT
       [not found] ` <rabe42 at web dot de>
From: Jerome BENOIT @ 2001-12-12 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rabe42; +Cc: cygwin

Bonjour:

A few times ago a similar problem was reportd for
a recent of windows:
On which version of window do yo run Cygwin ?

Please note taht a new build (with some fixes)
is under preparation ?

Thanks,
Jerome BENOIT

rabe42@web.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to teTeX on cygwin.
>
> I follow the instruction in
>
> /usr/doc/Cygwin/tetex-beta-20001218.README
>
> deinstall and reinstall the teTeX-beta distribution, like explaint
> in the mail archive.
>
> Delete the ls-R - file and execute
>
> texconfig confall
> texconfig rehash
> texconfig init
>
> with no errors!
>
> But even then, I got no fmt files for latex, tex, etex, elatex or
> even the pdftex family.
>
> What have I to do, to get teTeX running?
>
> Regards
> Ralf

  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤    Jerome BENOIT, Ph.D.    *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤
                  Institute of Molecular Biology
               Friedrich-Schiller University of Jena
             Winzerlaer Strasse 10, Jena 07745, Germany
  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤    JGMBenoit@wanadoo.fr    *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤

@ 2001-12-13 14:11   ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2001-12-13 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rabe4; +Cc: cygwin

<rabe42 at web dot de> writes:

> I'm new to teTeX on cygwin.

I'm in the process of providing a texmf tree for tetex.  Also, Jerome
is preparing a new tetex executables package.  So there is hope.

> But even then, I got no fmt files for latex, tex, etex, elatex or
> even the pdftex family.

That's strange.  Are you sure all necessary libraries are there?

> What have I to do, to get teTeX running?

You could try pointing your setup.exe to

    http://lilypond.org/gnu-windows/testing

or just run:

    http://lilypond.org/gnu-windows/testing/setup.exe

and install tetex-beta and at least one of texmf-tiny or texmf-base.
You don't have to install lilypond, of course.

This is all experimental, but there have been some success reports.

Maybe better if you'd uninstall tetex-beta first.  Please let us know
if it works.

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter

* Re: teTeX - fmt-Files not created
@ 2001-12-15  4:06 ` Jerome BENOIT
From: Jerome BENOIT @ 2001-12-15  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: rabe42, cygwin

Rebuilding the tetex-beta package leads to a similar error:
I hope to be able to fix it soon !

@ 2001-12-14 12:35 ` Jerome BENOIT
From: Jerome BENOIT @ 2001-12-14 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: rabe42, cygwin

Bonjour:

I have the hope to finish my rebuild theis week-end.

Thanks,
Jerome

@ 2001-12-14  8:42 Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2001-12-14  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rabe42; +Cc: cygwin

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>
Date: 14 Dec 2001 17:30:59 +0100

* Re: teTeX - fmt-Files not created
@ 2001-12-14  8:27 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-12-14  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rabe42; +Cc: JanNieuwenhuizen, rabe4, cygwin

Hallo rabe42,

2001-12-14 17:15:56, du schriebst:

> Seems that something principally is broken.

There is something broken, but not that much.  Some of the executables are
linked against a different version of png, so these are broken.

> Some ideas where I have to dig?

/usr/doc/Cygwin/tetex-....

Gerrit
--