* GCC problem
@ 2001-12-14 11:11 gahan
From: gahan @ 2001-12-14 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

when i'm tryin' to compile any file i see: cannot exec `as' or cannot
create executables.
is 'as' any file? why i see these errors?
gahan.

* network package problem ((
@ 2001-12-14 12:50 ` llewellyn
From: llewellyn @ 2001-12-14 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

when i try to use ftp or telnet with newer version i got this error:
ftp: ftp/tcp: unknow service
with tftp also so its not tied to tcp service.

but i can use tool like wget without pb. Any hint about that? what im
doing wrong.
for info: I'm using cygwin for a long time a never have this pb, i didnt
change my configuration, neither install programs over the past few
weeks, I only install the latest package.

* Re: network package problem ((
@ 2001-12-14 13:10   ` Peter Buckley
From: Peter Buckley @ 2001-12-14 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: llewellyn; +Cc: cygwin

You only installed the latest inetutils package? It could be that you
didn't install all the packages necessary to run ftp. Setup.exe has
changed considerably lately, it no longer installs "all" packages by
default. You must select each package manually to install it. It could
also be that iu-config sets the default inetd.conf file to disable ftp
by default (did you run iu-config?). Are you trying to run ftp as a
service on your machine so you can ftp to your machine, or are you
trying to ftp out?

HTH,
Peter

llewellyn wrote:

> when i try to use ftp or telnet with newer version i got this error:
> ftp: ftp/tcp: unknow service
> with tftp also so its not tied to tcp service.
>
> but i can use tool like wget without pb. Any hint about that? what im
> doing wrong.
> for info: I'm using cygwin for a long time a never have this pb, i didnt
> change my configuration, neither install programs over the past few
> weeks, I only install the latest package.
>

> --

Your mouse has moved.
Reboot now?  [OK]

* Re: network package problem ((
@ 2001-12-14 13:28   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-12-14 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 09:27:43PM +0100, llewellyn wrote:
> when i try to use ftp or telnet with newer version i got this error:
> ftp: ftp/tcp: unknow service
> with tftp also so its not tied to tcp service.

Sounds as if your system's services file is corrupted.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: network package problem ((
@ 2001-12-16  7:24     ` David Le Roy
       [not found]       ` <3C1D65AD.5000507@ece.gatech.edu>
From: David Le Roy @ 2001-12-16  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen, cygwin

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>Sounds as if your system's services file is corrupted.

got any hint about how to fix that without reinstalling all ? Im on win
2000.
i ve reinstalled cygwin to check if one of the package is broken but it
keep anoying me with that error (
im open to all ideas ;)

* Re: network package problem ((
       [not found]       ` <3C1D65AD.5000507@ece.gatech.edu>
@ 2001-12-17  2:12         ` David Le Roy
From: David Le Roy @ 2001-12-17  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Wilson, cygwin

Charles Wilson wrote:
thank you ;)
my rep etc was erased so it couldnt find those etc files.
it's working now.