* Re-post : cron is not work even tried suggestion in mail list
@ 2001-12-18 20:32 Tiffany Chan
From: Tiffany Chan @ 2001-12-18 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Sorry that I have common question on cron. I got cron
error : can't switch user context. I have tried the
following suggestion in mail list:

1. remove cron and install as SYSTEM
   $rm -Rf /var/cron
   $cygrunsrv -E cron
   $cygrunsrv -R cron
   $cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D -e
CYGWIN="tty ntsec"
   $cygrunsrv -S cron

   The process is running by SYSTEM

2. All files directory under /var are mode = 777;
   mode of /usr/sbin/cron = 755 ;
   mode of /etc/group and /etc/passwd = 644

3. $mkgroup -ld > /etc/group
   $mkpasswd -ld > /etc/passwd

   the server installed cygwin is in domain ( but not
domain controller), i must use domain user to login
and run crontab -e . Thus i used "-ld" in making
passwd and group file.

4. I tested that Domain administrator can use cron job
properly.

I used cygwin version 1.3.3 in w2k SP2 Advanced
server. I know that a new cygwin version is released.
However, as my system is in production now, i cannot
upgrade the cygwin to the most update version. Or can
i only upgrade the cron tool ?

Thanks a lot !
ikbea

* Re: Re-post : cron is not work even tried suggestion in mail list
@ 2001-12-19  2:27 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-12-19  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 03:55:28AM +0000, Tiffany Chan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry that I have common question on cron. I got cron
> error : can't switch user context. I have tried the
> following suggestion in mail list:
> [...]
> 4. I tested that Domain administrator can use cron job
> properly.

cron hasn't changed.  Sorry but I don't see your problem.
You're telling above you get the "can't switch user context"
error but in point 4 you're telling that you've tested
that it works for a dom admin.  What is the problem now?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.