* PPP Daemon cygwin
@ 2001-12-25  6:25 Santosh Y
From: Santosh Y @ 2001-12-25  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Whether there is any PPP daemon running on cygwin available.
How feasible is it to compile the PPP linux source code on cygin.
if anybody have any inputs regarding  .please let me know very urgently.

* Re: PPP Daemon cygwin
@ 2001-12-25  7:19 ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2001-12-25  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Santosh Y, cygwin

You're asking in a free forum on christmas day, which for most folk in
'christian' (a laughable comment given that (from memory) only 10-15% of
christian countries actually are christian) countries have as a day off
work, spent with family or friends. (This is irrespective of religion).

As Cygwin is funded in the US, and also most of it's developers and
AFAIK the bulk of it's users are from countries that celebrate
Christmas, you've got about a 1 in a million chance of getting a reply
today, and repeating yourself (which you essentially are) will reduce
that change.

Rob

* RE: PPP Daemon cygwin
@ 2001-12-25  7:41   ` Stephano Mariani
From: Stephano Mariani @ 2001-12-25  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Robert Collins', 'Santosh Y', cygwin

Well put!

@ 2001-12-26  3:48     ` Jean-Michel POURE
From: Jean-Michel POURE @ 2001-12-26  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Well put!
What is this game?

* RE: PPP Daemon cygwin
@ 2001-12-26  4:17       ` Stephano Mariani
From: Stephano Mariani @ 2001-12-26  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jm.poure, cygwin

>> Well put!
> What is this game?

Its called commending a well formulated, prompt response.

Stephano Mariani

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-12-26 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 09:58:43AM -0000, Stephano Mariani wrote:
>>> Well put!
>> What is this game?
>
>Its called commending a well formulated, prompt response.

Nice summation!

cgf

* Re: PPP Daemon cygwin
@ 2001-12-26 21:56           ` Jean-Michel POURE
From: Jean-Michel POURE @ 2001-12-26 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Le Mercredi 26 Décembre 2001 18:39, vous avez écrit :
> Nice summation!
What about the PPP Daemon question? Please, can anyone answer this question.
Thanks again for this great software. I use Cygwin in a profesionnal
environment and I am only trying to get answers here...

* Re: PPP Daemon cygwin
@ 2001-12-26 23:39             ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-12-26 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:19:20AM +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
>Le Mercredi 26 D?cembre 2001 18:39, vous avez ?crit :
>> Nice summation!
>What about the PPP Daemon question?  Please, can anyone answer this
>question.  Thanks again for this great software.  I use Cygwin in a
>profesionnal environment and I am only trying to get answers here...

And, what are you expecting?  That people know the answers but are cruely
refraining from responding?

I don't know anything about this other than it seems like a rather odd
request.

I assume that it is extremely unlikely that anyone has ported the "PPP
daemon" to cygwin.  The last I checked this relied on some ioctls which
are not available under cygwin.

And, no one is going to be adding them, either.

Your best bet is to use real honest-to-goodness Windows software for this.
I'll bet that a google search or a search of Windows specific sites would
probably unearth something.

cgf