* Re: Parallel Port LPRng
@ 2002-03-01  4:09 Walter Garcia-Fontes
From: Walter Garcia-Fontes @ 2002-03-01  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> [020227 19:15]:
> Take a look at the source code for Rick Rankin's version of lpr.  It is
> in the cygutils-0.9.9 package.
>
> --Chuck

Thanks, but I looked at the last setup.exe and I could only find cygutils-0.9.8
without lpr...

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona

* Re: Parallel Port LPRng
@ 2002-03-01  7:53 ` Walter Garcia-Fontes
From: Walter Garcia-Fontes @ 2002-03-01  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I actually solved the problem in this recent thread by doing the following
workaround: 1) share the printer, 2) in the printcap refer to the printer with
the path, i.e lp=ine/printer
Now I have to figure out how to send a linefeed at the end of the jobs,
otherwise the last page requires manual intervention in the printer...

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona, Spain

* Re: Parallel Port LPRng
@ 2002-03-01  8:11   ` Walter Garcia-Fontes
From: Walter Garcia-Fontes @ 2002-03-01  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Walter Garcia-Fontes <wgarcia@upf.es> [020301 16:55]:
> I actually solved the problem in this recent thread by doing the following
> workaround: 1) share the printer, 2) in the printcap refer to the printer with
> the path, i.e lp=ine/printer

Sorry, this should read lp=//machine/printer

@ 2002-02-27 10:27 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2002-02-27 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Walter Garcia-Fontes; +Cc: cygwin

Walter Garcia-Fontes wrote:

> I've been trying to install Bakkens LPRng port. I can't print to a printer
> attached to the parallel port of my system. There was some discussion on this
> on Nov. 2001:
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-11/msg01015.html
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-11/msg01054.html
>
> but the discussion died just there.
>
> I've tried different printcap files such as:
>
> lp
>         :lp=/lpt
>         :sh
>         :mx=0
>         :sd=/var/spool/%P
>
> or
>
> lp
>         :lp=prt
>         :sh
>         :mx=0
>         :sd=/var/spool/%P
>
> but it doesn't work (lpr and lpd don't produce any error, it's as if the file
> is delivered, but no output comes from the printer).
>
> Anybody has this working on a parallel printer?

* Re: Parallel Port LPRng
@ 2002-02-27  9:04 ` Luke Bakken
From: Luke Bakken @ 2002-02-27  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Walter Garcia-Fontes; +Cc: cygwin

As far as I know, without a /dev/lpt of some sort it won't work with
Cygwin for parallel printers.  I hope you can get a net card!

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Walter Garcia-Fontes wrote:

> I've been trying to install Bakkens LPRng port. I can't print to a printer
> attached to the parallel port of my system. There was some discussion on this
> on Nov. 2001:
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-11/msg01015.html
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-11/msg01054.html
>
> but the discussion died just there.
>
> I've tried different printcap files such as:
>
> lp
>         :lp=/lpt
>         :sh
>         :mx=0
>         :sd=/var/spool/%P
>
> or
>
> lp
>         :lp=prt
>         :sh
>         :mx=0
>         :sd=/var/spool/%P
>
> but it doesn't work (lpr and lpd don't produce any error, it's as if the file
> is delivered, but no output comes from the printer).
>
> Anybody has this working on a parallel printer?
>
> --
> Walter Garcia-Fontes
> Barcelona, Spain
>

> --