Well, after going over hoards of MSDN documents and adjusting my code, I realized what most developers' first guess might have been... I followed the null pointer. Madness overtook me. I corrected this (char *)problem and my util actually passed all my tests, no matter which directory it was in. I also ran it through GNU indent a few times (just to make sure :) Features of this version include: --Prettier code, thanks to indent --Better error checking --Works ;) Because of the indent the patch is bigger than the actual file, so here's the whole thing. (Chuck, this should be drop-in replacement for the one in cygutils-0.9.9. I apologize for the inconvenience.) Thanks again to Corinna and Jason for the help. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Try FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email! http://mail.yahoo.com/