* Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system
@ 2002-07-09  6:09 Dr. Wayne Keen
From: Dr. Wayne Keen @ 2002-07-09  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hmmm, I found nothing under Tivoli, buuuuttttt....

I did find that DS9, which is the descendant of SAOImage,
a tool used for looking at images, apparently out not
one, but 2 different versions of cygwin1.dll on my
machine.  These extra versions have been there since
late March!  One is in the ds9 directory, one in the xpa,
which appears to also be associated with ds9. (Both
are in the Program Files directory.)

I did a quick google on this, I did not find any mention
of the installer doing this.  Ruby for example has a
warning on their page about using the windows installer /
binary putting a new version of cygwin1.dll on your machine,
and how to get around / avoid the situation.

Like I said, it was a quick google, so I may have missed
something.

Wayne Keen

* Ruby for Cygwin [was Re: Concurrent versions of cygwin1.dll on one system]
@ 2002-07-10  8:14 ` Nicholas Wourms
From: Nicholas Wourms @ 2002-07-10  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--- "Dr. Wayne Keen" <wayne.keen@crc.com> wrote:
> Ruby for example has a
> warning on their page about using the windows installer /
> binary putting a new version of cygwin1.dll on your machine,
> and how to get around / avoid the situation.

Has anyone approached the Ruby people about making a package for release
under the official Cygwin distribution?  IMHO, this might eliminate YA
source for possible dll conflicts...

Cheers,
Nicholas