* Re: syslog and win98 - where?
@ 2002-09-08  2:22 nfudd
From: nfudd @ 2002-09-08  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> >> <cygwin root drive>:\CYGWIN_SYSLOG.TXT
> >
> >Thanks!  This should be documented better.. :-)
>
> Documentation patches are gratefully accepted.
>
> cgf

Would you be interested in a Wiki documentation effort?
http://twiki.org/

--
Nfudd@speed-test.net

* RE: syslog and win98 - where?
@ 2002-09-08  2:46 ` Chris January
From: Chris January @ 2002-09-08  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfudd; +Cc: Cygwin@Cygwin.Com

> > >Thanks!  This should be documented better.. :-)
> >
> > Documentation patches are gratefully accepted.
> >
> > cgf
>
> Would you be interested in a Wiki documentation effort?
> http://twiki.org/
That sounds like a good idea!
or
Me too!
or
I agree!

Chris

* Re: syslog and win98 - where?
@ 2002-09-08  9:50 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-09-08  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 01:20:00AM -0700, nfudd@speed-test.net wrote:

>> >Thanks!  This should be documented better.. :-)
>>
>> Documentation patches are gratefully accepted.
>>
>> cgf
>
>Would you be interested in a Wiki documentation effort?
>http://twiki.org/

I'd be interested in people providing traditional documentation patches
for "peer review" just like every other GNU-style project in the world.

Having random cygwin users updating documentation without checks and
balances is a prospect too frightening to consider.  Just as a for
example, I can easily imagine someone adding a section dealing with how
to update the cygwin mount table via regtool...

cgf

* Re: syslog and win98 - where?
@ 2002-09-01 14:14     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-09-01 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2002-09-01 14:08   ` nfudd
From: nfudd @ 2002-09-01 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicholas Wourms; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2002-09-01 13:47 ` Nicholas Wourms
From: Nicholas Wourms @ 2002-09-01 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nfudd, cygwin

--- nfudd@speed-test.net wrote:
> Where do syslog messages go on windows 98?
>
> I've just installed cygwin today (2002-09-01) and compiled openssh,
> it appears to work for outbound connections but not inbound
> connections.
>
> After reading this list's archive, I see that on NT the messages go
> the NT event log.  There's also hints that on 98 the messages go to
> file.  Where is that file?

<cygwin root drive>:\CYGWIN_SYSLOG.TXT

Cheers,
Nicholas

* syslog and win98 - where?
@ 2002-09-01 13:00 nfudd
From: nfudd @ 2002-09-01 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Where do syslog messages go on windows 98?

I've just installed cygwin today (2002-09-01) and compiled openssh,
it appears to work for outbound connections but not inbound connections.

After reading this list's archive, I see that on NT the messages go to
the NT event log.  There's also hints that on 98 the messages go to a
file.  Where is that file?

--
N Fudd -- nfudd@speed-test.net