* lprng
@ 2002-12-04  7:42 Marco Antonio
From: Marco Antonio @ 2002-12-04  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all,

I've been trying to find a free lpd for windows, and noticed that lprng was ported to cygwin. But in cygwin setup I can't find the lprng package. I found a link in cygwin site to download the port, but everytime I try to access the page I get an 'connection failed'. Is the port deprecated? Any help? Btw, the link that I tried is the following:

http://ics-server.interface-net.com/~lbakken/lprng-cygwin.html

Thanks in advance.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom

* Re: lprng
@ 2002-12-06  7:10 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2002-12-06  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    Marco> Hi all,
    Marco> I've been trying to find a free lpd for windows, and noticed that lprng was ported to cygwin. But in cygwin setup I can't find the lprng package. I found a link in cygwin site to download the port, but everytime I try to access the page I get an 'connection failed'. Is the port deprecated? Any help? Btw, the link that I tried is the following:

    Marco> http://ics-server.interface-net.com/~lbakken/lprng-cygwin.html

Hi Marco

I'm still using the lpd port on my machine and it's working perfect. If you want
I can send you the binaries offlist.

I can also try to find the patches to the lprng source.

    Marco> Thanks in advance.

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: lprng
@ 2002-12-06  7:36   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-12-06  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:06:34PM +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>    Marco> Hi all,
>    Marco> I've been trying to find a free lpd for windows, and noticed that lprng was ported to cygwin. But in cygwin setup I can't find the lprng package. I found a link in cygwin site to download the port, but everytime I try to access the page I get an 'connection failed'. Is the port deprecated? Any help? Btw, the link that I tried is the following:
>
>    Marco> http://ics-server.interface-net.com/~lbakken/lprng-cygwin.html
>
>Hi Marco
>
>I'm still using the lpd port on my machine and it's working perfect. If you want
>I can send you the binaries offlist.
>
>I can also try to find the patches to the lprng source.
>
>    Marco> Thanks in advance.

Anyone want to maintain this as a standard cygwin package?

cgf