* [ANNOUNCEMENT] tcsh-6.12.00-2 and file-3.39-1 announcements
@ 2003-02-08 21:18 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2003-02-08 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The announcements in the subject both contained the following section:

  If you do have problems with this version of insight it would probably
  be best to send them to the insight mailing list at "insight at sources
  dot redhat dot com".  Then the insight maintainers can help rectify them.
  I read that mailing list, too, of course.

This section slipped in by (copy-paste) mistake.  Please just ignore it.

Thanks.

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] tcsh-6.12.00-2 and file-3.39-1 announcements
@ 2003-02-09  9:49 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2003-02-09  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:43:44PM -0800, Wilson Hsieh wrote:
> I'm having problems with this version of tcsh: it
> is doing some weird things with newlines.
> Here is a transcript of exactly what happens,
> with comments:
>
> wilson@XP ~              # first prompt on startup
> $ cat > .tcshrc          # dump into .tcshrc
> set prompt = FOO
>                          # ctrl-D
> wilson@XP ~              # next prompt
> $ exec tcsh              # let's give it a try
> FOO^M                    # where did the ^M come from?
>
> This problem did not exist in the previous version.
> My .bashrc and .bash_profile are empty, so I have
> no clue what's going on.  Thanks,

Thanks for the report.  There were actually quite a few changes from
the Cygwin 6.11.00 version missing.  I've just uploaded a new version.

Corinna

@ 2003-02-09  7:43 Wilson Hsieh