* Re: ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-12 16:18 Brian Ford
From: Brian Ford @ 2003-09-12 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003, Rick Rankin wrote:

> Many thanks. Did the fix make it into last night's snapshot?

By looking at the ChangeLog link for that snapshot, I'd say it did.  Use
the source, Luke :).

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer

* Re: ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-12 17:53 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-12 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 11:18:25AM -0500, Brian Ford wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 12, 2003, Rick Rankin wrote:
>>Many thanks.  Did the fix make it into last night's snapshot?
>
>By looking at the ChangeLog link for that snapshot, I'd say it did.
>Use the source, Luke :).

Boy, I hate it when someone steals my chance to be mean...  :-)

cgf

* Re: ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-12 18:39 Patrick Peralta
From: Patrick Peralta @ 2003-09-12 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I just tried the snapshot and it works for me too...

Unfortunately, I can't ctrl-c out of my java processes with
rxvt, even though it works with the bash batch file.  I assume
that there isn't a workaround for this (besides to use cygwin in
the DOS shell).

Windows based programs (ping, notepad, etc) work fine however.
Thanks for the fix!

Patrick

wrote:

> > > The offer is very much appreciated but I think I have
fixed this.  It was
> > > quite a difficult problem to track down, too...
> > >

> > Many thanks. Did the fix make it into last night's snapshot?
>
> Never mind. I just tried it and it seems to work great. Thanks
> again.
>
> --Rick

* Re: ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-12 16:43             ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2003-09-12 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-09-12 16:06           ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2003-09-12 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-09-12 11:50           ` Norman Vine
From: Norman Vine @ 2003-09-12 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor writes:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:54:10PM -0700, Rick Rankin wrote:
> >--- Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>We can't get decent bug reports without begging, so, just feel lucky
> >>that the system works at all.
> >
> >Well, let me see what I can do...
>
> The offer is very much appreciated but I think I have fixed this.  It was
> quite a difficult problem to track down, too...

Yes, this appears to be fixed in the current CVS files :-)

Thank you

Norman

* Re: ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-12  6:43         ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-12  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:54:10PM -0700, Rick Rankin wrote:
>--- Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>We can't get decent bug reports without begging, so, just feel lucky
>>that the system works at all.
>
>Well, let me see what I can do...

The offer is very much appreciated but I think I have fixed this.  It was
quite a difficult problem to track down, too...

Maybe next time.

cgf

* Re: ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-12  4:54       ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2003-09-12  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--- Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:32:03PM -0700, Rick Rankin wrote:
> >--- Christopher Faylor <cgf-rcm@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>Native windows apps could have a problem with CTRL-C.  Cygwin apps work
> >>fine.  There is no workaround for this.
> >
> >Using ctrl-c with ping, however, worked fine (for me, anyway) on 1.3.x.
> >I just noticed this a couple of days ago with 1.5.3 when I ran a 'ping
> >-t' command then couldn't stop it.  No change with the 9/10 snapshot.
> >Was I just lucky before?
>
> Since there are just two or three developers in cygwin, and no one else
> seems willing to pitch in to debug problems like this, I suppose that luck
> is as good an explanation as any.
>
> We can't get decent bug reports without begging, so, just feel lucky
> that the system works at all.

Well, let me see what I can do...

--Rick

* Re: ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-12  0:41     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-12  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-09-12  0:32   ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2003-09-12  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-09-11 23:18 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-11 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 04:02:22PM -0700, Patrick Peralta wrote:
>I installed Cygwin a few days ago on Windows XP along with rxvt
>2.7.10.  It works great except for ctrl-c when trying to break
>out of certain programs (such as ping).  It works under the
>regular DOS-window bash but it is ignored under rxvt.  This also
>happens if I sssh into the box.  Am I missing a configuration
>somewhere?

Native windows apps could have a problem with CTRL-C.  Cygwin apps
work fine.  There is no workaround for this.

cgf

* ctrl-c in rxvt
@ 2003-09-11 23:02 Patrick Peralta