* Re: Windows 2k crash while processing big bash script
@ 2003-09-23 15:35 Brian Ford
From: Brian Ford @ 2003-09-23 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I hate to point to the obvious, but it does not seem that anyone has
pointed to this thread as a possible explanation:

It looks fairly relevant to me.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer

* Solved: Windows 2k crash while processing big bash script
@ 2003-09-23 23:05 ` -TifsSoft-
From: -TifsSoft- @ 2003-09-23 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Ford

Re, Brian,

BF> I hate to point to the obvious, but it does not seem that anyone has
BF> pointed to this thread as a possible explanation:

BF> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-08/msg00521.html

BF> It looks fairly relevant to me.

YES!!! It's all because of Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2 Pro. All goes fine
when outpost is uninstalled. Thanks you very much, you are really make my
life easy :) By the way, thanks to all who help me solve this.

P.S. I think it's will be a good idea to store information about
trouble with outpost firewall at FAQ or "Known problems"...
--
Best regards,
 -TifsSoft-                            mailto:tifs@mail.ru

* Re: Solved: Windows 2k crash while processing big bash script
@ 2003-09-24  1:18   ` Luc Hermitte
From: Luc Hermitte @ 2003-09-24  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

* On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:52:49AM +0300, -TifsSoft- <tifs@mail.ru> wrote:
> YES!!! It's all because of Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2 Pro. All goes
> fine when outpost is uninstalled. Thanks you very much, you are really
> make my life easy :) By the way, thanks to all who help me solve this.

BTW, if someone finds out a way to solve this without uninstalling
outpost, I'm interrested. I've tried shutdown the corresponding service,
to not start it after reboot and some other things like that, but I
didn't have any luck: impossible to compile mutt on the firewalled
machine.

> P.S. I think it's will be a good idea to store information about
> trouble with outpost firewall at FAQ or "Known problems"...

Unless someone experiment the same problem but with another
configuration, it is good idea.

Regards,
--
Luc Hermitte

* Re: Solved: Windows 2k crash while processing big bash script
@ 2003-09-24  2:22     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-24  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:22:40AM +0200, Luc Hermitte wrote:
>* On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:52:49AM +0300, -TifsSoft- <tifs@mail.ru> wrote:
>>YES!!! It's all because of Agnitum Outpost Firewall 2 Pro.  All goes
>>fine when outpost is uninstalled.  Thanks you very much, you are really
>>make my life easy :) By the way, thanks to all who help me solve this.
>
>BTW, if someone finds out a way to solve this without uninstalling
>outpost, I'm interrested.

I'm not familiar with Agnitum Outpost but it seems pretty clear that if
you are having problems with it, the place to ask is not the cygwin
mailing list but some forum or support method which is specific to
Agnitum Outpost itself.

cgf