* telnet server
@ 2003-09-26 20:43 Eduardo Osorio Armenta
From: Eduardo Osorio Armenta @ 2003-09-26 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,
i'm a glad user with inetd & cygwin 1.3.22

soon i'll be upgrading 1.5

thanks for all knowledge
Petch...
Faylor...
Vilche...
.
.
.
etc..

i was wondering if there is a port
of
telnet server  but with -mno-cygwin

thanks

* Re: telnet server
@ 2003-09-26 22:14 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-26 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:36:08PM -0700, Eduardo Osorio Armenta wrote:
>i was wondering if there is a port of telnet server but with
>-mno-cygwin

I'd check the no-cygwin mailing list for an answer to that question.

cgf

* Telnet server
@ 2002-11-13  9:29 Iago Sineiro
From: Iago Sineiro @ 2002-11-13  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin Mail List

Hi all.

I'm interested in setup a telnet server in Windows 98 using cygwin. Is it
possible? How could I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Iago Sineiro.

* Re: Telnet server
@ 2001-09-21  1:43 Phil Dempster
From: Phil Dempster @ 2001-09-21  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

There is a HOWTO here:
http://www.adamswann.com/library/2001/Cygwin-Inetd.html

* Re: Telnet server
@ 2001-09-21  1:38 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-09-21  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 11:26:14PM -0500, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> Does anyone know of an easy way to run a telnet server from a W2K Server
> machine using bash as the default shell? I've tried setting up MS's
> telnet service to use "c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe" as the default shell, but
> I get a "0 [main] bash 2176 stdio_init: couldn't make stderr distinct
> from stdout" error message. Is there an easy workaround? Or perhaps a
> cygwin-based telnet server I can use?

It's in the inetutils package in the net distro.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Telnet server
@ 2001-09-20 21:26 Alex Malinovich
From: Alex Malinovich @ 2001-09-20 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Does anyone know of an easy way to run a telnet server from a W2K Server
machine using bash as the default shell? I've tried setting up MS's
telnet service to use "c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe" as the default shell, but
I get a "0 [main] bash 2176 stdio_init: couldn't make stderr distinct
from stdout" error message. Is there an easy workaround? Or perhaps a
cygwin-based telnet server I can use?

-Alex

* Re: Telnet Server
       [not found] <8625698C.00757E94.00@em-stpmta-01.mmm.com>
@ 2000-11-03 14:30 ` Bob McGowan
From: Bob McGowan @ 2000-11-03 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mbresnahan1; +Cc: Cygwin

Mike,

I just took a closer look at the readme and I was incorrect in my statement.  All I looked at was the part that was "HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options"
and did _not_ read the rest.  I made an invalid assumption about which backslashes were being discussed, my apologies.

So, open the tree until you reach the key named "Program Options", select its 'context menu->new->string value'.  This will create a new object in the right hand view, "New
Value #1", ready for editing.  Type in the string you need (this is the example "C:\usr\bin\inetd.exe", use your actual case).  Press return to accept the input, then
double click on this new value to open an edit window which has a field for you to enter the values you want.

That should do it.

--

@ 2000-11-03 11:59     ` Bob McGowan
From: Bob McGowan @ 2000-11-03 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Bresnahan; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2000-11-03 11:18   ` Michael Bresnahan
From: Michael Bresnahan @ 2000-11-03 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Melvin Brown wrote:
> >
> > I have Cygwin installed on a windows 2000 system.  How do I use
> > in.telnetd.exe as a Telnet Deamon?
>
> Read /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2-README.
>
> Corinna
>
> --
> Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
> Red Hat, Inc.
> mailto:vinschen@redhat.com
>
> --

* Re: Telnet Server
@ 2000-11-03 10:39 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-11-03 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Melvin Brown wrote:

> I have Cygwin installed on a windows 2000 system.  How do I use
> in.telnetd.exe as a Telnet Deamon?

Read /usr/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2-README.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com