On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:05:41PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote: > At 11:52 AM 10/31/2003 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >I've just again tested it on 98 and it works fine. Could you please > >figure out what happens on your machine? > > 2 things: > - I had accidentally deleted the next (23) line in services, so awk > didn't find the pattern. Ok, so how do you suggest to react in the script if that happens? Should the script just emit a warning or should it append the ssh lines at the end of the services file? The new script will just emit a warning for now. > - ssh crashes even with the CR. I also had to shorten the line. It works > with 18 spaces between {tcp,udp} and the # Ouch. How many spaces do I emit currently... hmm, 27. This matches the file layout on NT. A quick look on a 98 machine... yes, only 18 spaces. Oh boy... > Please send the next version, just to be sure. I've created a new script and attached it to this mail. Changes: - Emit a warning if ssh couldn't be added to services file. - Accomodate different service file layout on 9x and NT. - On NT: Only ask for installing sshd as service if it's not already installed. Please give it a try, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Developer mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com Red Hat, Inc.