I was wondering if it might be possible to have zip 2.3 re-compiled with encryption and re-released. Chuck Wilson stated in http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00005.html and http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2002-05/msg00018.html that it can be done but that first Red Hat needs to inform the U.S. government that binaries with encryption will be exported. I know that there are other ways to get encrypted zip files but it would be convenient if the official Cygwin zip would be encryption-enabled. Thanks for all the good work. - Barry