Hi, I have trouble to show german umlauts in bash command line in rxvt. All I get are the following values: $ \344\366\374 bash: äöü: command not found I have set the following in .inputrc $ less .inputrc set input-meta on set convert-meta off set output-meta on The shell starts with D:\Programme\Cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe --scrollstyle next -fb 'Courier New-17' -fn 'Courier New-17' -e /usr/bin/bash -l -i Is there a way to show the umlauts rigth ? Gruss Olaf Föllinger -- Olaf Föllinger Berater S.E.S.A. Software und Systeme AG