* cygwin install problem
@ 2005-04-05  2:49 wangtie
From: wangtie @ 2005-04-05  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

i download all file needed in cygwin webpage.

and make a iso ,so our institute can use it easily.

but to my surprise , during installation in local , it seems nothing wrong.

but it doesn't run at all

when i click the shortcut on desktop, a dos shell begin,and say cygwin is not a  internal command and so on.

i add path in system var, and still nothing happen.

what shall i do next.

Email: wangtie@orsi.ouc.edu.cn
       stin.wang@gmail.com

[parent not found: <405C84AE.4030707@andrew.cmu.edu>]
* RE: Cygwin install problem
@ 2001-08-27  8:13 Peter Buckley
From: Peter Buckley @ 2001-08-27  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'philippe.villet@acterna.com', cygwin

Phil-

Can you give us a few more details-

where are the setup.exe and setup.ini files?
Are they on a network share, or a local hard drive?

Do you have ANY other programs running at the time
you are trying to run setup.exe?

What version of setup.exe do you have?

-Peter

From: philippe.villet @ 2001-08-27  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-06-01 19:12 Paul Brebner
From: Paul Brebner @ 2000-06-01 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I have been using cygwin on NT 4 on an older machine for some time, but
recently
had to get a replacement machine.  However, this time I don't seem to be
able to get
cygwin to install at all.  All I really need is bash.

1 	First problem was trying to use the standard NT unzip program on the
cygwin gz file.
	It hung and I had to reboot the machine (even killing it from task
manager didnt' work!)
2	Then tried using the setup.exe program.  This also seemed to get
stuck!
3	Currently if I try just doing setup cygwin it says that the newest
verison is installed
	and doesn't proceed - can I force it to?
4	Tried using the bootstrap.zip files, but it again hung trying to untar
one of the dll files!

What could be the problem please?

Paul.
--
Paul Brebner     CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
Advanced Distributed Software Architectures & Technologies