* ssh tunnel and permission denied
@ 2005-10-12 18:03 Leonard Bouchet
From: Leonard Bouchet @ 2005-10-12 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure smb over ssh with cygwin and have some trouble.
I can't access my smb drive through cygwin when I'm mounting it
throught the ssh tunnel. Here are the steps I follow:

# Step 1: open the ssh tunnel
$ ssh -fNL 139:myserver:139 user@myserver

# Step 2: connect to the smb drive
$ net use 'Z:' '\\myserver\user' <mypassword>

# Step 3: try to access the drive
$ cd /cygdrive/z
BASH: cd: z: Permission denied

Note: When I follow this procedure without tunnelling (direct access to
the smb drive), I can access the drive without any problem.
Note 2: I can normally access Z through windows' explorer, it's only
through cygwin that I have a 'Permission denied'

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks a lot,

-l

P.S. using Windows 98 at the moment, but planning to do the same on XP
Pro, I hope it's a Win98 related bug...

* Re: ssh tunnel and permission denied
@ 2005-10-13 12:22 Leonard Bouchet
From: Leonard Bouchet @ 2005-10-13 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> a écrit:

> I'm not sure I understand your problem, but why don't you just use
> `rsync -e ssh'?

That's the first thing I tried, several days ago, I should have mentionned it!

It doesn't work because I have trouble with special characters and european
accents (my remote system is Mac Os X). It seems to be a referrenced bug with
rsync (adding the capability to choose remote system's charset), and I couldn't
find a way to fix it...

-leonard bouchet

* Re: ssh tunnel and permission denied
@ 2005-10-13 14:47 Leonard Bouchet