* Re: patch cygrunsrv for running native win32 applications
@ 2005-10-13 15:49 Antony Baxter
From: Antony Baxter @ 2005-10-13 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>>Is there maybe some counter-effect that I don't
know?

>Nothing serious.  Every so often it will issue a
>pop-up dialog that says.
>
>"Look, behind you!  It's a fiddler crab!"
>
>                 [OK]
>
>And, then when you look behind you there will be no
>fiddler crab.
>
>You still have to press the OK button, though.
That's
>pretty annoying. Someone should fix that.  I'm sure
>that it would be pretty simple.
>
>cgf

When I tried that, there *was* a fiddler crab behind
me. Will that be fixed in 1.5.19?

ant.

* Re: patch cygrunsrv for running native win32 applications
@ 2005-10-14 13:59 Antony Baxter
From: Antony Baxter @ 2005-10-14 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>Christopher Faylor writes:

>> LOL.

> Propose a gold star for Antony Baxter - I believe he
is
> the first person on record as getting a laugh out of

> CGF!
>
> ht

Thank you, thank you, <bows/> you're too kind!

However, I think it would just be construed as a form
of nepotism - for the record Henry used to be one of
my
lecturers in Edinburgh, several years ago.

Waddya mean you *don't remember*?

Ant.

* patch cygrunsrv for running native win32 applications
@ 2005-10-12 21:23 Gunnar Thielebein
From: Gunnar Thielebein @ 2005-10-12 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Is it also possible to patch the cygrunsrv service installer for running
native win32.exe? Means like if you run a windows command/app in bash is
executed there must be also a way to do it in cygrunsrv.
I know there are extra utilities for windows like srvany but i like the
command line interface of cygrunsrv much more and want to know how much
efforts it would take for adding this feature

thx in advance, gun.