* RE: Bison 1.30
@ 2001-12-26 12:39 Puttkammer, Roman
From: Puttkammer, Roman @ 2001-12-26 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

You'll need to include some header files to avoid the errors. Use
<stdlib.h> for free(). I'm not sure where yyerror() is supposed
to be declared - I'd think it's in a header file which comes with
bison.

roman

* RE: Bison 1.30
@ 2001-12-27  8:08           ` Stephano Mariani
From: Stephano Mariani @ 2001-12-27  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fractal A.', 'Randall R Schulz', cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

The *only* solution is:

Add
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
Into the
%{
%} Section

And add
void yyerror(char*s)
{
  printf("%s",s);
}

After the final %%

Then see if you get the same.
If so send me a copy of the output from the compiler and bison.

Stephano

PS: bison is not a compiler. In your case g++ is. Bison Is a parser
generator.

From: Fractal A. @ 2001-12-27  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephano Mariani, 'Randall R Schulz', cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2001-12-27  7:00         ` Fractal A.
From: Fractal A. @ 2001-12-27  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephano Mariani, 'Randall R Schulz', cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2001-12-27  2:39       ` Stephano Mariani
From: Stephano Mariani @ 2001-12-27  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fractal A.', 'Randall R Schulz', cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

You need to define your own yyerror function. Bison uses it the report
an error.
It has the following prototype: void yyerror(char*s)
As for the rest, include <stdlib.h> and/or <stdio.h>, and perhaps some
others depending on the actions you used in your rules.
I have used bison 1.28, a LOT, and found no real problems other than
suboptimal code in some cases.

Stphano Mariani

PS: You can try bison-1.30-1 now, and see for yourself bison is not at
fault.

@ 2001-12-27  1:51       ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2001-12-27  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fractal A., Randall R Schulz, cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

> Because the compiler (bison 1.28) appears to be working incorrectly, I
believe
> that a newer version of bison might solve the problem.  I don't know why
the
> "implicit declaration" error is occurring.  I don't know what to do to
solve
> it.  The arithmetic.lex and arithmetic.y files were compiling properly
before.
> When the other files started outputting the "implicit declaration" error,
it
> seems that everything stopped working correctly.  The error is of the type
> "implicit declaration" of several different yy functions.  If you think of
> something to help, please let me know.  Thanks.
>
> Examples of the error:
> Errors of this nature cause me to believe that the compiler is failing.
>
> C:\cygwin2\c15>g++ -Wall -c -gstabs ch1-05.y.tab.c
> /usr/share/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
> /usr/share/bison.simple:358: implicit declaration of function `int
> yyerror(...)'
>
> C:\cygwin2\ega>g++ -Wall -c -gstabs arithmetic.y.tab.c
> /usr/share/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
> /usr/share/bison.simple:361: implicit declaration of function `int
free(...)'

> =====
> Fractal A.                    fractala@yahoo.com
What evidence do you have that bison would make a sudden change from its
traditional form?  If it hasn't adapted to the C89 style in over 10 years,
why now?  You ask gcc for warning messages, gcc complies.  What chance would
the cygwin developers have of changing bison, even if they wished to do so?

* Re: Bison 1.30
@ 2001-12-26 11:55       ` Fractal A.
From: Fractal A. @ 2001-12-26 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randall R Schulz, cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

[...]

@ 2001-12-26  9:45     ` Fractal A.
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Fractal A. @ 2001-12-26  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randall R Schulz, cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2001-12-26  1:58   ` Randall R Schulz
From: Randall R Schulz @ 2001-12-26  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fractal A., cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

Hi,

Do you specifically need version 1.30? My Cygwin installation, which I
belive to be complete and up-to-date, includes bison 1.28:

% bison --version
GNU Bison version 1.28

The current Cygwin also includes flex 2.5.4.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 22:00 2001-12-25, Fractal A. wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Happy Holidays to everyone on the list!  :)
>
>When you do get back, could you please tell me how to get bison 1.30 for
>Cygwin to work.  Is it easy or hard to do?  What is involved in doing this?
>
>Is Bison 1.30 compatible with Cygwin?  Can I download the GNU source for
>Bison 1.30, compile it, and then use it with Cygwin?
>
>Thank you for your help.  :)
>
>=====
>Fractal A.                    fractala@yahoo.com

* Bison 1.30