* irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in  cygperl5_8.dll
@ 2008-07-14  9:34 TB2
From: TB2 @ 2008-07-14  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

It's a fresh vista ultimate 64bit install and I installed cygwin with
standard options + irssi, screen and rxvt. Everything working; rxvt and even
screen, but irssi crashes instantly upon execution, no matter if I use cmd
or rxvt as the shell, or if I start it remotely over ssh.

The error code is 0x00000135
File: cygperl5_8.dll

I can't find anything remotely connected to this error on google so I'm
pretty clueless about what to do.

Any ideas how to fix this? Anyone having this problem?

I'd be glad if someone who's using vista 64bit and cygwin could try to
install and run irssi on their box to see if it's just my machine or if it's
a bug in irssi for cygwin...

Thanks!

* Re: irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in  cygperl5_8.dll
@ 2008-07-14 10:08 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2008-07-14 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jul 14 02:33, TB2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's a fresh vista ultimate 64bit install and I installed cygwin with
> standard options + irssi, screen and rxvt. Everything working; rxvt and even
> screen, but irssi crashes instantly upon execution, no matter if I use cmd
> or rxvt as the shell, or if I start it remotely over ssh.
>
> The error code is 0x00000135
> File: cygperl5_8.dll

I assume it's 0xC0000135 and it means DLL not found.  It looks like you
need Perl 5.8 for irssi to run.  Try to downgrade perl to 5.8.8-4 using
setup.exe for now.

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in   cygperl5_8.dll
@ 2008-07-17 19:28   ` TB2
From: TB2 @ 2008-07-17 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:

> On Jul 14 02:33, TB2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's a fresh vista ultimate 64bit install and I installed cygwin with
>> standard options + irssi, screen and rxvt. Everything working; rxvt and
>> even
>> screen, but irssi crashes instantly upon execution, no matter if I use
>> cmd
>> or rxvt as the shell, or if I start it remotely over ssh.
>>
>> The error code is 0x00000135
>> File: cygperl5_8.dll
>
> I assume it's 0xC0000135 and it means DLL not found.  It looks like you
> need Perl 5.8 for irssi to run.  Try to downgrade perl to 5.8.8-4 using
> setup.exe for now.
>

> Corinna
>
> --
> Cygwin Project Co-Leader          cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat
>
> --

Thanks a lot! You're solution is working perfectly.

* Re: irssi on cygwin on vista 64bit crashes with 0x00000135 in  cygperl5_8.dll
@ 2008-07-17 19:43     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-07-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:27:41PM -0700, TB2 wrote:
>Thanks a lot! You're solution is working perfectly.

FYI, there is now a new version of irssi so this should no longer be an
issue.

cgf