I have been using cygwin for a while but some problems with my system led to me having to remove it. I have managed to get everything working again except cygwin. When I install it, it appears to go well, but after the installation, install-info.exe gives two Windows errors, and uname.exe and echo.exe one each. The errors are quite long and not possible to copy but if the information is required I will try to get it. I have the setup logs (attached) which may give some idea as to the problem. It may be something amiss with Windows XP - I am hoping to be able to fix it without having to have it reinstalled. I find that I can start cygwin bash but if I try to ls (for example), it fails. Nothing happens, and then bash closes. I want cygwin mainly for X but I need to solve this first, of course. Any advice on this would be appreciated. ---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.