* strftime trouble with %z
@ 2011-04-14 14:20 Peter Rosin
From: Peter Rosin @ 2011-04-14 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!

I'm getting somewhat troublesome output from the below STC.
It seems as if gmtime mucks with something, or that
localtime is not filling in everything it needs to?

------------------8<---(zone.c)---------
#include <stdio.h>
#include <time.h>

int main(void)
{
	char zone[6];
	struct tm *tm;
	time_t now = time(NULL);

	tm = localtime(&now);
	strftime(zone, sizeof(zone), "%z", tm);
	printf("%s %d %d\n", zone, timezone, tm->tm_isdst);

	tm = localtime(&now);
	strftime(zone, sizeof(zone), "%z", tm);
	printf("%s %d %d\n", zone, timezone, tm->tm_isdst);

	tm = gmtime(&now);

	tm = localtime(&now);
	strftime(zone, sizeof(zone), "%z", tm);
	printf("%s %d %d\n", zone, timezone, tm->tm_isdst);

	return 0;
}
------------------8<--------------------

I expect three equal lines, e.g.
+0200 -3600 1
+0200 -3600 1
+0200 -3600 1

but I get this on Cygwin:
+0200 -3600 1
+0200 -3600 1
+0000 -3600 1

$ cygcheck -c gcc4 cygwin
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
cygwin               1.7.9-1        OK
gcc4                 4.3.4-4        OK

FWIW, I have tested the STC on Linux and Solaris 10 and they
behave as I expected...

Cheers,
Peter

* Re: strftime trouble with %z
@ 2011-04-18 19:33 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-04-18 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Apr 14 11:09, Peter Rosin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm getting somewhat troublesome output from the below STC.
> It seems as if gmtime mucks with something, or that
> localtime is not filling in everything it needs to?

Thanks for the testcase!

Actually gmtime mucks with something.  It changes global timezone
information for no good reason.  I fixed that in CVS.

Thanks for the report,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: strftime trouble with %z
@ 2011-04-18 20:03   ` Peter Rosin
From: Peter Rosin @ 2011-04-18 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Den 2011-04-18 21:13 skrev Corinna Vinschen:
> On Apr 14 11:09, Peter Rosin wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm getting somewhat troublesome output from the below STC.
>> It seems as if gmtime mucks with something, or that
>> localtime is not filling in everything it needs to?
>
> Thanks for the testcase!
>
> Actually gmtime mucks with something.  It changes global timezone
> information for no good reason.  I fixed that in CVS.

I'm looking forward to the next snapshot!

> Thanks for the report,
> Corinna

Thanks for the fix,
Peter