* Ongoing GCJ confusion
@ 2012-04-05  6:14 Me Myself and I
From: Me Myself and I @ 2012-04-05  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

-As an aside, when it comes to classes in external packages in external (non-default) jar files,

does one usually have dynamic linking from the gcj compiled program to the

seperate package jar file (needed at runtime), or static linking where

the seperate jar necessary classes and related are all physically

included inside the gcj compiled program?  Is there a command line

option with gcj for either of these?  What is it?

I am encountering the following compile error.

Is there a one file solution to solving this, without using the cygpath command at all?

Ideas, anyone?

$ gcj Program.java --main=Program -o Program.exe

cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: \Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip;C/java/lang/Object.class
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre6/lib/ext/QTJava.zip;C/java/lang/Object.class
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.5.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib/libiconv.dll.a: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

* Re: Ongoing GCJ confusion
@ 2012-04-05  7:16 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-04-05  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 4/5/2012 8:13 AM, Me Myself and I wrote:

CGF will surely cut you off of this mailing list
as soon he is awake, you just ignored his last warning,

I hope that in the future you can still learn Netiquette,
so if interested please read

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/book/0963702513p32.html

In my opinion you break rules 2, 3, 4

(DO not try Corollary 5 as in  your case it is NOT appropriate at all)

Regards
Marco

* Re: Ongoing GCJ confusion
@ 2012-04-05 15:15   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-04-05 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 09:15:54AM +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
>On 4/5/2012 8:13 AM, Me Myself and I wrote:
>CGF will surely cut you off of this mailing list as soon he is awake,
>you just ignored his last warning,

It took me a while after being awake to get to the Cygwin mailing list
but you're right Marco.  This clueless user is now blocked.

cgf