* GVim slow to respond
       [not found] <CAMK_jUVTFFcb44Hx7+Wh_CSAgS722rM7z6uf4gjdN-24HX48aA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-05-14 18:55 ` K Stahl
From: K Stahl @ 2012-05-14 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Modified from my original email on the XFree mailing list:

After updating yesterday (2012-05-10) I am experiencing the following
behavior when using GVim within an X-Session:

While scrolling through a file in visual mode using either "H", "J",
"K", or "L", the cursor is slow to respond.

What I am witnessing is that if you hold down any of these keys, the
cursor remains in place until the key is released.

* Re: GVim slow to respond (emacs-X11 too)
@ 2012-05-14 20:44   ` Ken Jackson
From: Ken Jackson @ 2012-05-14 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

==== Mon, May 14, 2012 at 02:55PM -0400 K Stahl wrote:
> What I am witnessing is that if you hold down any of these keys, the
> cursor remains in place until the key is released.

I'm seeing about the same think in emacs-X11.

I hold down an arrow key and the cursor stays still until I release
it and then the cursor zips to where it would normally have moved to.

It's not actually slow--it's just that the repeat motion is hidden.

-Ken Jackson