* Cygwin GCC and debug info source file paths
@ 2012-08-14 20:45 David Lindström
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Lindström @ 2012-08-14 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: gcc-help

Hi, I didn't know where to put this. I'm trying to use a cygwin build of GCC
for arm (binaries from gnuarm.com). When I build a simple dummy application
just doing some matrix multiplications in a loop, it creates a nice
executable file with debug info, but the path to the source file is a cygwin
path which is incompatible with the debugging tool I'm trying to use. I'm
wondering if there's a way to generate the exe with relative paths to the
source files, alternatively to use windows paths?

The tool is Trace32 from Lauterbach, currently experementing with the arm
simulator from the website.

Mvh
David Lindström

* Re: Cygwin GCC and debug info source file paths
@ 2012-08-14 20:50 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2012-08-14 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8/14/2012 2:13 PM, David Lindström wrote:
> Hi, I didn't know where to put this. I'm trying to use a cygwin build of GCC
> for arm (binaries from gnuarm.com). When I build a simple dummy application
> just doing some matrix multiplications in a loop, it creates a nice
> executable file with debug info, but the path to the source file is a cygwin
> path which is incompatible with the debugging tool I'm trying to use. I'm
> wondering if there's a way to generate the exe with relative paths to the
> source files, alternatively to use windows paths?
>
> The tool is Trace32 from Lauterbach, currently experementing with the arm
> simulator from the website.

You need to ask the folks at gnuarm.com to make mingw versions of GCC
available or use the debugging tools they provide.

--
Larry

A: Yes.

@ 2012-08-15  0:34 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2012-08-15  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Lindström; +Cc: gcc-help, cygwin

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM, David Lindström
<info@davidlindstrom.se> wrote:
> Hi, I didn't know where to put this. I'm trying to use a cygwin build of GCC
> for arm (binaries from gnuarm.com). When I build a simple dummy application
> just doing some matrix multiplications in a loop, it creates a nice
> executable file with debug info, but the path to the source file is a cygwin
> path which is incompatible with the debugging tool I'm trying to use. I'm
> wondering if there's a way to generate the exe with relative paths to the
> source files, alternatively to use windows paths?
>
> The tool is Trace32 from Lauterbach, currently experementing with the arm
> simulator from the website.

You may be able to use GCC's -fdebug-prefix-map option.

Ian

* Re: Cygwin GCC and debug info source file paths
@ 2012-08-15  8:54   ` David Lindström
From: David Lindström @ 2012-08-15  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: gcc-help

Thanks, this was pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but it turned
out the builds at gnuarm.org are so outdated that the option does not exist
(-fdebug-prefix-map=/cygdrive/c/=C:/ resulted in an error at least).

I managed to create a really dirty workaround for now which was to create
C:\cygdrive and then symlink/mklink 'c' => 'C:\' which appears to work but
is extremely ugly. Still open for suggestions.

Mvh
David Lindström

@ 2012-08-16  0:44 ` David Lindström