* Where is the 'telnet' command?
@ 2012-08-20  5:24 narke
From: narke @ 2012-08-20  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, list

I cannot find the 'telnet' command in my newly installed cygwin.  I
remembered there was one in previous version.  With the 'setup' program,
I also cannot got a result when search in the package search box.

Could someone please tell me what's the correct package name?

--
narke
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.

* Re: Where is the 'telnet' command?
@ 2012-08-20  5:24 ` Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2012-08-20  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

narke writes:
> I cannot find the 'telnet' command in my newly installed cygwin.  I
> remembered there was one in previous version.  With the 'setup' program,
> I also cannot got a result when search in the package search box.
>
> Could someone please tell me what's the correct package name?

You don't say what you told the Cygwin Package Search to look for.  When I ask
it to search for 'telnet.exe$' (i.e., a regular expression that means "any line
that ends with telnet.exe"), it tells me the inetutils package has it.

..mark

* Re: Where is the 'telnet' command?
@ 2012-08-20  9:03 ` Baurzhan Ismagulov
From: Baurzhan Ismagulov @ 2012-08-20  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:11:29AM +0800, narke wrote:
> I cannot find the 'telnet' command in my newly installed cygwin.  I
> remembered there was one in previous version.  With the 'setup'
> program, I also cannot got a result when search in the package
> search box.
>
> Could someone please tell me what's the correct package name?

As Mark wrote, you can search for it at http://cygwin.com/packages/ .

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.

* Re: Where is the 'telnet' command?
@ 2012-08-20 15:18   ` Ryan Johnson
From: Ryan Johnson @ 2012-08-20 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 20/08/2012 12:10 AM, Mark Geisert wrote:
> narke writes:
>> I cannot find the 'telnet' command in my newly installed cygwin.  I
>> remembered there was one in previous version.  With the 'setup' program,
>> I also cannot got a result when search in the package search box.
>>
>> Could someone please tell me what's the correct package name?
> You don't say what you told the Cygwin Package Search to look for.  When I ask
> it to search for 'telnet.exe$' (i.e., a regular expression that means "any line
> that ends with telnet.exe"), it tells me the inetutils package has it.
I think he's talking about the search in setup.exe, and you're talking
about the web page. Granted, the web page is vastly better since it
actually says what binaries come with a package...

Ryan

* Re: Where is the 'telnet' command?
@ 2012-08-21  3:20   ` narke
From: narke @ 2012-08-21  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8/20/2012 3:18 PM, Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 11:11:29AM +0800, narke wrote:
>> I cannot find the 'telnet' command in my newly installed cygwin.  I
>> remembered there was one in previous version.  With the 'setup'
>> program, I also cannot got a result when search in the package
>> search box.
>>
>> Could someone please tell me what's the correct package name?
>
> As Mark wrote, you can search for it at http://cygwin.com/packages/ .
>
> With kind regards,
> Baurzhan.

Yes, I was talking about the search in setup program.  Thanks for
telling me I can get better result in the web search!

--

@ 2012-08-21  3:48     ` narke
From: narke @ 2012-08-21  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin