* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-3.09-1 / ucl-1.03-2
@ 2013-03-15 10:13 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2013-03-15 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Andrew Schulman wrote:

> Since this update, every time I run setup, upx-debuginfo always wants to be
> installed.  And, it's in category Misc, not Debug.

Confirmed here too!

I have no *-debuginfo packages installed nor upx!!

A setup.ini/packaging bug, I think...

Ciao,
Angelo.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-3.09-1 / ucl-1.03-2
@ 2013-03-15 10:25 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2013-03-15 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mar 15 11:13, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Andrew Schulman wrote:
>
> >Since this update, every time I run setup, upx-debuginfo always wants to be
> >installed.  And, it's in category Misc, not Debug.
>
> Confirmed here too!
>
> I have no *-debuginfo packages installed nor upx!!
>
> A setup.ini/packaging bug, I think...

The upx-debuginfo/setup.hint file was missing.  I created one, that
should fix it.

Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-3.09-1 / ucl-1.03-2
@ 2013-03-15 11:58   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2013-03-15 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> The upx-debuginfo/setup.hint file was missing.

I think this is an easy mistake for us package maintainers to make.  It's not
obvious at first that we need to create separate setup.hint files for our
debuginfo packages.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-3.09-1 / ucl-1.03-2
@ 2013-03-15 12:12     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-03-15 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Andrew Schulman writes:
> I think this is an easy mistake for us package maintainers to make.  It's not
> obvious at first that we need to create separate setup.hint files for our
> debuginfo packages.

I've checked again, the setup.hint file was included in my upload
request.  This file and the debuginfo package is created by cygport, so
you don't need to do anything extra besides adding it to the RFU (which
I find reasonable).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-3.09-1 / ucl-1.03-2
@ 2013-03-15 12:04   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-03-15 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Andrew Schulman writes:
> Since this update, every time I run setup, upx-debuginfo always wants to be
> installed.  And, it's in category Misc, not Debug.

Sorry for that, but that's the setup.hint that should have been
installed with it:

category: Debug
requires: cygwin-debuginfo
external-source: upx
sdesc: "Debug info for upx"
ldesc: "This package contains files necessary for debugging the
upx package with gdb."

It seems that this file went missing during the upload.

This has been happening before with a different debuginfo package, maybe
there's something wrong with the upload script?

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-3.09-1 / ucl-1.03-2
@ 2013-03-15  9:44 ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2013-03-15  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2013-03-14 18:45 ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2013-03-14 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

A new version 3.09-1 of

upx
upx-debuginfo

and a rebuilt version 1.03-2 of

ucl
ucl-debuginfo

is available for the Cygwin distribution.

UPX is a free, portable, extendable, high-performance executable packer for
several executable formats.

UCL is a portable lossless data compression library written in ANSI C.

Notes
-------

- upx now includes LZMA support (via LZMA SDK v4.65)
- Cygport files have been modernized and use autotools again

Achim.

email header of this message.  Send email to the address specified
there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.