* TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY macro missing
@ 2013-07-10 14:27 Fedin Pavel
From: Fedin Pavel @ 2013-07-10 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

 Hello!

 My cross-compiling activity has discovered that TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY() macro
is often used, but missing in our includes. GNU code of this macro is below:
--- cut ---
# define TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY(expression) \
  (__extension__
\
    ({ long int __result;
\
       do __result = (long int) (expression);
\
       while (__result == -1L && errno == EINTR);
\
       __result; }))
--- cut ---
 This is used in elf-utils and Prelink. What about adding it ?

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia

* Re: TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY macro missing
@ 2013-07-11 11:45 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2013-07-11 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jul 10 14:45, Fedin Pavel wrote:
>  Hello!
>
>  My cross-compiling activity has discovered that TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY() macro
> is often used, but missing in our includes. GNU code of this macro is below:
> --- cut ---
> # define TEMP_FAILURE_RETRY(expression) \
>   (__extension__
> \
>     ({ long int __result;
> \
>        do __result = (long int) (expression);
> \
>        while (__result == -1L && errno == EINTR);
> \
>        __result; }))
>  This is used in elf-utils and Prelink. What about adding it ?

That's defined in unistd.h, which is newlib territory.  Care to send a
patch to the newlib mailing list?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat