* partly out-of-sync mirrors
@ 2013-08-04 16:04 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-08-04 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

While trying to update my 64bit Cygwin installation I noticed that some
mirrors are partly out of sync.  The four european mirrors I've tried
were missing some packages from suitesparse (in x86_64 only) that have
last been updated on July 15.  I've temporarily switched to kernel.org
to get those.  Can somebody with the requisite access rights please
check into the situation?

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: partly out-of-sync mirrors
@ 2013-08-04 16:29 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2013-08-04 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Il 8/4/2013 6:04 PM, Achim Gratz ha scritto:
> While trying to update my 64bit Cygwin installation I noticed that some
> mirrors are partly out of sync.  The four european mirrors I've tried
> were missing some packages from suitesparse (in x86_64 only) that have
> last been updated on July 15.  I've temporarily switched to kernel.org
> to get those.  Can somebody with the requisite access rights please
> check into the situation?
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

which mirror ?

* Re: partly out-of-sync mirrors
@ 2013-08-04 16:50   ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2013-08-04 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Il 8/4/2013 6:29 PM, marco atzeri ha scritto:
> Il 8/4/2013 6:04 PM, Achim Gratz ha scritto:
>> While trying to update my 64bit Cygwin installation I noticed that some
>> mirrors are partly out of sync.  The four european mirrors I've tried
>> were missing some packages from suitesparse (in x86_64 only) that have
>> last been updated on July 15.  I've temporarily switched to kernel.org
>> to get those.  Can somebody with the requisite access rights please
>> check into the situation?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Achim.
>>
> which mirror ?

I notice that I forgot to remove index.html when uploading.
This could have confused the matter

compare:

ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/software/windows/cygwin32/x86_64/release/suitesparse/umfpack/

http://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/software/windows/cygwin32/x86_64/release/suitesparse/umfpack/

next mirror round should solve this issue.

Marco

* Re: partly out-of-sync mirrors
@ 2013-08-04 17:48     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-08-04 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

marco atzeri writes:
> I notice that I forgot to remove index.html when uploading.
> This could have confused the matter

This is likely since I had been trying http mirrors only.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html

* Re: partly out-of-sync mirrors
@ 2013-08-04 18:13 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-08-04 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 06:04:25PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>While trying to update my 64bit Cygwin installation I noticed that some
>mirrors are partly out of sync.  The four european mirrors I've tried
>were missing some packages from suitesparse (in x86_64 only) that have
>last been updated on July 15.  I've temporarily switched to kernel.org
>to get those.  Can somebody with the requisite access rights please
>check into the situation?

It must "Send a vague problem report" week.  I'll be happy when it's over.

Someone with "requisite access rights" (whatever that means) can't go
about debugging a problem with "four european mirrors" when the mirrors
are not specified.

* Re: partly out-of-sync mirrors
@ 2013-08-04 18:19   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-08-04 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 02:12:58PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 06:04:25PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>While trying to update my 64bit Cygwin installation I noticed that some
>>mirrors are partly out of sync.  The four european mirrors I've tried
>>were missing some packages from suitesparse (in x86_64 only) that have
>>last been updated on July 15.  I've temporarily switched to kernel.org
>>to get those.  Can somebody with the requisite access rights please
>>check into the situation?
>
>It must "Send a vague problem report" week.  I'll be happy when it's over.
>
>Someone with "requisite access rights" (whatever that means) can't go
>about debugging a problem with "four european mirrors" when the mirrors
>are not specified.

Or the packages themselves, for that matter.  Sheesh.

cgf