Encountered this using cygwin's rcs 5.8.1-1 and 5.8.2-1. Earlier version 5.7-11 does not have this bug (so I've been specifically reverting to rcs 5.7-11 every time I run setup.exe). Checking in a text file of size >= 256k corrupts the rcs file, irretrievably losing most of the contents and making future operations impossible. The attached script demonstrates. Run it in an empty directory (or a directory containing only the script). Output of cygcheck -s -v -r also attached as cygcheck.out. -- Don Hatch hatch@plunk.org http://www.plunk.org/~hatch/