On Nov 16 11:09, wynfield@gmail.com wrote: > > I want to add audio output volume control to an application. But, I don't know how to go about it yet. > > If you know anything about controlling volume from within cygwin applications or have done so, I would appreciate your telling me about it. Cygwin supports a single OSS-like audio device called /dev/dsp. It's always connected to the default Windows audio device. It's not much, but unfortunately we're lacking a developer who's knowledgable in this audio stuff and interested in either extending the /dev/dsp interface to support multiple audio devices, or to modernize this to a more ALSA-like interface. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat