On Nov 19 13:21, Charles Wilson wrote: > On 11/19/2013 12:13 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >Why do they have to make such a mess out of a simple function like > >GetVersionEx? It returns different OS version numbers based on the > >existence of a manifest in the executable. How dense is that? > > > >So we have thousands of executables, none of them has a 8.1 manifest. > >As a result, the uname() function returns OS versions 6.2 rather than > >6.3. Aaaaaargh. > > > >In cygcheck I added a patch to check dwBuildNumber this morning. If > >it's >= 9200, it's 8.1/2012R2, otherwise 8/2012. But that doesn't > >fix the OS version number of course. Sigh. > > > >I'm going to tweak the OS version number and I'll do the same in > >Cygwin's uname function as well. > > Good grief. I suppose I need to add something similar to > /usr/lib/csih/winProductName.exe... Looks like it, yes. What on earth were they thinking? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat