On Nov 20 00:59, Andrey Repin wrote: > Greetings, Corinna Vinschen! > > > Why isn't there at least an additional non-manifest way to claim > > compatibility with the current OS? :( > > Because this "claim" is informational, or at least it should be. But apparently it isn't. It's enforced. However, I just had an in-shower inspiration and following up on it I found a way to access the correct version info despite having no 8.1 manifest. I'm still playing with it, but I think I have a working patch by tomorrow. Stay tuned, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat