On Dec 10 10:34, Andrea Venturoli wrote: > On 12/06/13 17:26, Ken Brown wrote: > > >I don't know if this explains your emacs problem, but the group > >"mkgroup" indicates that /etc/group (and possibly /etc/passwd) should be > >rebuilt Don't you get a message about this when you start a shell? > > I don't get any such message. > > "mkpasswd -l" won't list me, since I'm a domain user. > "mkpasswd -l -D", "mkpasswd -l -D domain", "mkpasswd -l -d" and > "mkpasswd -l -d domain" all end with error 2221. That's weird. I never saw that happen with the -d/-D option. Especialy because mkpasswd -d/-D doesn't rely on any user name, it just asks the domain controller to list the domain accounts using the NetUserEnum function, and NetUserEnum is not documented to be able to return error 2221 (NERR_UserNotFound) at all. Are you running this under a domain account? Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat