On Feb 14 22:48, Frank Fesevur wrote: > 2014-02-14 11:48 GMT+01:00 Corinna Vinschen: > > Oh, hang on. I'm a tcsh gal, so I set /bin/tcsh in my AD domain entry. > > However, the default is *not* /bin/bash, but /bin/sh at the moment. I'm > > a bit fuzzy on bash, but does bash read the .bachrc file only if it's > > called bash and not if it's called sh? What happens if you symlink > > your .bashrc to .profile (Not that I suggest this as the ultimate > > solution, this is just for testing)? > > Just tested and copied .bashrc to .profile and that solved the problem. Good, so it was really just a shell thingy. > I vote[1] for /bin/bash being the default shell. Done in CVS. > Regards, > Frank > > [1] not that there is any voting going on ;-) Not quite. This *is* a big change, so if I can smooth the ride for the users, I'm open to change. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat