On Feb 18 14:07, Brian Holley wrote: > Under Win8.1, cygwin64 reports: > > 1 [main] scp 4648 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute > FAST_CWD pointer. > > and asks for this to be reported. Are you using an older Cygwin version by any chance? I'm using Windows 8.1 daily and I haven't seen this message for a long time. The patch to avoid the message is from when 8.1 has gone Beta, as far as I remember. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat