On Feb 20 19:58, J.H. vd Water wrote: > Hi Corinna, > > >> However, as you know, the supplementary group to which I referred above do NOT show > >> up in my /etc/group file on Cygwin (they show up in SAM ... somewhere). > >> > >> ... and I do not care, as these groups are NOT relevant to me as a Cygwin-only user > >> of the Windows operating system (using passwd and group files). > > > >If you only want to use the content of your passwd and group files, > >rather than the db (which is pretty much upside down from what this > >patch is trying to accomplish, but, anyway), simply change your > >/etc/nsswitch.conf file accordingly. Just as on Linux. > > :-) My /etc/nsswitch.conf file ALREADY specifies 'db_enum: files'. > > However, as you probably aware of, the output of 'id' _still_ shows all > the (non-file ;-) supplementary groups I do not care about ... > > That is what I tried to make clear with my message. No more. Try passwd: files group: files The output of `id' has nothing to do with the getpwent/getgrent functionality db_enum is about. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat