On Apr 13 02:45, Andrey Repin wrote: > Greetings, Corinna Vinschen! > > >> >> >> If you think web code repository searching and a public bug tracker are > >> >> >> primary barriers to contribution, you aren't being honest with yourself. > >> >> >> They are nice, but not necessary. > >> >> > >> >> > I am honest with myself. I, as everyone have limited time. > >> >> > >> >> Seems like the limit on your time is very laxed. > >> >> For the time you wrote all the posts to this list, I've downloaded whole > >> >> Cygwin /cvs/src, found the offended string, patched the file, and it took me 2 > >> >> days to rebuild it only because I wasn't familiar with out-of-the tree build > >> >> system. (Had to read building instructions first, yeah...) > >> >> Now, I'm a happy owner of a custom cygpath that doesn't annoy me with > >> >> insignificant warnings. > >> > >> > Wanna send the patch to cygwin-patches(*)? > >> > >> I'm not quite happy with it yet. I'll need to dig through that function > >> another pass to see, if I can completely avoid the code path in question > >> without harming any hamsters in process. > > > I'm *so* glad you're sympathetic with the hamsters. They have build > > their lair inside of cygpath alreasy years ago, so I would not like > > to disturb them. > > I knew you love them too. > > >> Besides, when I digged through it, I got an idea of completely new > >> functionality. That may be the one I want to contribute. > > > As for new functionality and non-trivial patches, I'm sorry but we > > still need the copyright assignment in this case. I know that people > > are shying away from it, so I hope there still some who don't... > > > See http://cygwin.com/contrib.html, the "Before you get started" section. > > I honestly don't care. I do not understand whole tantrum around > "copyright", "copywrong" and other "copyleft". > What the hell you can do about it? Pick a spoon, crack my head open and drain > it out of my brain? > Whatever I release to the public, I mainly do that under WTF PL. Unfortunately that won't work. For direct patches to the cygwin DLL and tools code we need the copyright assignment, sorry. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat