On Apr 13 14:34, Andrey Repin wrote: > Greetings, Corinna Vinschen! > > > What bugs me a bit is what this means for applications which expect > > fixed usernames. Sshd, for instance, expects the fixed username > > "sshd" right now when using privilege separation. I discussed this > > with the OpenSSH devs, and they understand the problem, but they think > > this should be handled by a Cygwin-specific function. So there's some > > extra work in it for me to get OpenSSH up to speed with this change, > > but I fear I'm not the only one. The more configurable stuff like this > > is, the more complicated it gets maintaining some packages. > > I really don't see a problem. Is this implementation-dependent issue? > 99% you are operating within "current domain" and do not need to specify > domain prefix at all. Uh, but you're missing the situation where the machine is a domain machine but the privilege separation account "sshd" is created in the local SAM. That's what the ssh-host-config script might do. Sshd will have to use MACHINEsshd as username for privsep in this case. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat