On Apr 15 14:14, Ken Brown wrote: > I've come across a glitch involving sshd and cygserver. I normally > have both running, but I've discovered that I have to start sshd > before I start cygserver, or else I have problems (can't ssh from a > non-administrator account to an administrator account). Here are > the details on 64 bit Cygwin; I haven't tested 32 bit: > > I've installed the full 2014-04-12 snapshot and removed /etc/passwd > and /etc/group. I have an ordinary user kbrown and an administrator > user kbrown-admin. I now do the following: > > 1. Start sshd. > 2. Start cygserver. > 3. Start a Cygwin Terminal as user kbrown. > 4. ssh into the kbrown-admin account (with publickey authentication > used by default). > > $ ssh kbrown-admin@localhost > Enter passphrase for key '/home/kbrown/.ssh/id_rsa': > setsockopt IPV6_TCLASS 16: Protocol not available: > Last login: Tue Apr 15 13:57:12 2014 from fe80::9956:cbba:6928:151c%11 > > Everything is fine. > > Now I close the Cygwin Terminal, stop both services, and restart > them in the other order (cygserver first, then sshd). Repeating > steps 3 and 4, I can't login: > > $ ssh kbrown-admin@localhost > kbrown-admin@localhost's password: > Permission denied, please try again. > kbrown-admin@localhost's password: > > Notice that (a) I didn't get a prompt for the passphrase for my ssh > key, and (b) my password wasn't accepted. Thanks for the report, Ken. I'll have a look. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat