On Apr 23 17:48, qq qq wrote: > > I applied a patch to CVS. > > Thanks.  Although I could not see it in ViewVC -- the page stops loading at the "configure" script. > > Anyhow, I suppose that check_iovec still returns EINVAL for count==0 in any read functions:  simply returning > "tot"==0 means EOF in many (if not all) of them. That's perfectly ok: If count is zero, read() may detect the errors described below. In the absence of any errors, or if read() does not check for errors, a read() with a count of 0 returns zero and has no other effects. This behaviour is also fine for readv. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat