On Apr 24 11:34, Douglas Coup wrote: > If I do "which rm" and "which chmod", it shows that both commands > resolve to the Cygwin binaries. > > The attached rm.notworking.trace file is from an "rm -f dac.txt" > command that gets the permission denied error; i.e., when the > permissions on the file are 444. Things seem to start going south > at entry 34276. Gosh, how many ways to fail does transactional NTFS know? > 20 34002 [main] rm 7580 unlink_nt: Trying to delete \??\C:\mydocs\temp\dac.txt, isdir = 0 > 274 34276 [main] rm 7580 unlink_nt: Opening \??\C:\mydocs\temp\dac.txt for removing R/O failed, status = 0xC0190052 So you're getting a transaction error which isn't covered by the Cygwin DLL yet. The error is STATUS_TRANSACTIONMANAGER_NOT_ONLINE. Whatever this means. How on earth can the TxF manager be "not online"?!? Unfortunately there's only very sparse information about this status code available. Before I make any changes to Cygwin, I'll try to get some info from the Microsoft side of things... Stay tuned, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat