On Apr 25 06:33, David Stacey wrote: > Coverity Scan [1] is a commercial (paid for) static analysis tool, but > they offer it to Open Source programmes for free. I was having a browse > through the list of Open Source programmes using Coverity Scan, and > noticed that Cygwin wasn't listed. Would there be any interest in > analysing the cygwin1.dll source code on a fairly regular basis? If so, > I would be happy to have a go at setting up an analysis job for Cygwin. > > I would imagine this would be of interest to CGF, Corinna and anyone > else who regularly updates the Cygwin source code. Obviously, this is > only worth doing if the analysis results are looked at and acted upon. Depends. If the report contains lots of false positives, it's getting annoying pretty quickly. > There are some conditions associated with using Coverity Scan [2]. The > one thing that jumps out is that our relationship with RedHat might be > a stumbling block. We can but ask - the worst that can happen is that > they politely decline. They will. #7 won't fly due to the buyout license clause. > There have been a few hints on this list about a possible move from CVS > to git. If such a move were on the cards then that should probably > happen first - I wouldn't want the nugatory effort of getting this > working from CVS only to have to change it almost immediately. Yeah, I'm n ot exactly looking forward to it since I'm very familiar with CVS or SVN, but have nothing but trouble with git. But since everybody else is so very happy with git, I guess I'll have to adapt. Teeth-gnashingly. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat