On May 7 10:09, Chris J. Breisch wrote: > Corinna Vinschen wrote: > >And here's a problem which I'm not sure how to solve at all: > > > >When calling the latest mkpasswd, the primary group of the local > >user account backing the Microsoft Account will *still* be "None". > > > >The reason is that the local account is just the same old account > >as usual. Its default primary group *is* "None". > > > >Only when logging in via the Micosoft Account email address, the > >user token will not reflect what's stored in the local SAM, but > >will have been changed by the OS as outlined in this thread. > > > >So, when a user decides to create a passwd file rather than using > >the SAM/DB code in Cygwin, the information generated by mkpasswd > >will not match the user token, and the primary group stored in > >/etc/passwd will not even be available at all in the user token. > > > >I have not the faintest idea how to workaround this schizophrenia. > > > > > >Corinna > > > Oh wow. It took me two reads of this to understand it. Caffeine is > finally kicking in, I guess. Unless you just want to hard code the > primary group that mkpasswd generates to "Users" for any account > that it would tend to want to set as "None". That would be some > smelly code though. Hmm, but it might fix a couple of problems. If we go ahead and always convert the "None" primary group to "Users", we'd have a pretty stable state, which works nicely for local accounts, independently of habving logged in as normal account or as Microsoft Account. This might be the easiest workaound, in fact. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat