On May 8 19:17, Robert Pendell wrote: > On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > I created a new snapshot on http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ which > > introduces the following behaviour, which is a bit less intrusive: > > > > If a local account is connected to a Microsoft Account, the primary > > group defaults to "Users". If it's a normal local accout it defaults > > to "None", as usual. This also covers mkpasswd from the snapshot. > > > > This does not work if you continue to use an already existing > > /etc/passwd file. I have no good solution for this sccenario, other > > than a (yet to be written) FAQ entry. > > > > Hope that helps nevertheless. > > Thanks for all the effort you have put forth on this issue Corinna. I > checked the snapshot today and found the behavior to be matching what > you described. An expected side effect right now is that old files > still have the group SID set to the user SID as well as all the other > installed files placed by the OS however there isn't much we can do > there beyond changing the group manually for the files. Indeed. Cygwin can't (and must not) change the permissions of existing files. But usually this shoudn't hurt, unless a file of a security sensitive application is affected. Thanks for testing! Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat