On May 13 00:57, Shaddy Baddah wrote: > Hi, > > This is a problem that I noticed some time last year, so I apologise for > sitting on it for so long. I actually started drafting a number of > emails to report but never committed. > > The problem only occurs with screen on 64-bit Cygwin. The 32-bit appears > to work correctly. The problem is that when screen is run in mintty, it > seems to exclude the bottom line, reducing the actual size of the > buffer. Further, something goes awry at the top. So that if you run > emacs -nw or less from within, scrolling via the keys acts very > strangely. > > If you detach or simply exit the screen session, the problem carries on > on the mintty you are left with. This sounds like a mintty issue, not a Cygwin DLL issue. The Cygwin DLL only provides the pseudo tty communication channel. The interpretation of the escape sequences is done in the terminal emulator. Unfortunately I have not read anything from the mintty maintainer, Andy Koppe, since mid-2013, neither here nor on the mintty mailing list. There was also no upstream mintty release since April 2013. I have tried to contact Andy a couple of days ago but didn't get a reply yet. I hope he's well. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat