On May 13 06:55, Andrew Schulman wrote: > I'm trying to build pinfo 0.6.10 in 64-bit. The configure script halts, > claiming "curses is not usable". The command that fails is: > > gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib -lncursesw > conftest.c > > and this fails because the order of the arguments is wrong. The command > should be > > gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -I/usr/include conftest.c -L/usr/lib > -lncursesw > > and that succeeds. So my question is really an autoconf question: How > can I tell autoconf to fix the order of the compiler arguments? > > My autoconf knowledge is pretty thin I'm afraid. I can provide the > configure.ac script if that would be helpful. The source is old - I > think the last real update was in 2007, with a small update posted in > 2010. Doesn't calling `autoreconf' fix this problem? If so, if you use cygport, the default build strategy contains the autoreconf step. If you defin your own build function, call cygautoreconf as first step after `cd ${B}'. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat