On May 28 08:53, Arthur Schwarz wrote: > Win 7 64-bit > gcc 4.8.2 (64-bit) > > ret: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23900921/c-scanf-la-returns-0 > > I don't know whether cygwin or gcc.org maintains the runtime library. If > this is the wrong location I'll redirect this e-mail. We're using the stdio functions from the newlib library. > sscanf() doesn't handle "%la" correctly and crashes on "%a". I can't reproduce the crash, but in general, reading hexadecimal floating point numbers as created by the %a printf format is not supported in newlib's scanf function family yet. Nobody provided a patch for this so far. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat