On Jun 18 16:14, Chris J. Breisch wrote: > Steven Penny wrote: > >On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Steven Penny wrote: > >>Because of this dependency line > > > >This issue is back again, now with > > > >man-db > > lynx > > perl > > > >OP > >http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-08/msg00152.html > > > > Yes, this is true, and my guess is that it will remain so. > > man-db depends on lynx, and that's not a dependency that is easily removed, > even if I was inclined to try, which I'm not. It needs some sort of WWW > browser. I don't think that can be disabled. It's not a configure option to > do so, so it'd have to be handled through Cygwin specific patches to the > source. I haven't looked into how difficult that would be yet. Perhaps it's > not all that difficult. I'll take a glance when I get home. > > While the browser doesn't have to be lynx, that's probably the simplest one. > > lynx depends on perl. I'm not 100% sure this is a valid dependency. I don't > notice that as a dependency on other systems. I think it comes from the fact > that there's a sample perl script included in the installation. I have no idea how the perl dep has been generated. It only exists in the 64 bit setup.hint and, yes, lynx does not actually depend on perl. I removed the dependcy for now, so the indirect perl dependency of man-db should be gone as soon as the change is propagated to the mirrors. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com Red Hat